|Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services|
|January 4, 2011 - Present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Charles Bronson (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Two consecutive terms|
|U.S. House of Representatives (FL-12)|
|2001 - 2010|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|1996 - 2001|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (1995)|
|Birthday||July 31, 1974|
|Place of birth||Bartow, Florida|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
A Florida native, Putnam was first elected to the Florida House of Representatives when he was 22. He served from 1996-2001 and went on to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives from 2001-2011.
- BA, Food and Resource Economics, University of Florida, 1995
Florida Agriculture Commissioner (2011-Present)
Putnam was elected Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services on November 2, 2010 and assumed office in January 2011.
On his website, Putnam lists six main issues of his agenda:
- Foster economic prosperity
- Exercise good government
- Expand energy production
- Protect Floridians' right to bear arms
- Champion Florida's natural beauty
- Motivate communities to be healthy and safe
U.S. House of Representatives (2001-2011)
Putnam served five terms in the U.S. House of Representatives, representing Florida's 12th Congressional District from 2000-2011. He was elected as the Republican Policy Chairman during the 109th Congress and Chairman of the House Republican Conference for the 110th Congress. Putnam was also a member of the House Committees on Government Reform, Agriculture, Rules and Financial Services.
Florida House of Representatives (1996-2001)
Putnam is running for re-election as Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services in the 2014 elections. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Putnam won election in the November 2, 2010 election, defeating Scott Maddox (D), Ira Chester (TEA), and Thad Hamilton (NPA).
|Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services, 2010|
|No Party Affiliation||Thad Hamilton||2%||103,717|
|Election Results Via: Florida Department of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Putnam is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Putnam raised a total of $4,368,904 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Adam Putnam's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Florida Agriculture Commissioner||$0|
|2010||Florida Agriculture Commissioner||$4,166,968|
|1998||Florida House District 63||$201,936|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,368,904|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Adam Putnam's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Adam Putnam's Campaign Contributions|
Florida Agriculture Commissioner
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,098,733 (Democratic)|
$20,963 (No party affiliation)
|Top 5 contributors||Florida Republican Party||$1,052,430|
|State of Florida||$552,075|
|Florida Retail Federation||$7,000|
|Florida Police Benevolent Association||$4,500|
|Florida RV Trade Association||$3,250|
Putnam and his wife, Melissa, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adam + Putnam + Florida + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Commissioner Adam Putnam
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 1998
- Florida Department Of Agriculture and Consumer Services, "Commissioner Adam Putnam," accessed September 13, 2012
- Governing, "State Republican Officials to Watch in 2013," February 6, 2013
- Sunshine State News, "Adam Putnam Builds for 2014 and the Future," July 11, 2013
- Adam Putnam, "Bio," accessed September 19, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Adam Putnam," accessed August 22, 2012
- Adam Putnam, "Agenda," accessed August 22, 2012
- Orlando Sentinel, "Adam Putnam endorses Romney," October 18, 2011
- Florida Division of Elections, "November 2010 General Election Results," accessed March 26, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Adam Putnam," accessed July 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Charles Bronson (R)
|Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services
| Succeeded by|